Friday, March 19, 2010

English Cottage China


My little China doll invites you to a cup of tea this lovely March morning.  She is hand-painted (Litton China - made in Japan).  Isn't her dress with the pink flowers, bows and green lace lovely?    

The China doll is a music box which I discovered isn't working this morning so I can't tell you what tune it plays.  Oops, she has an on and off switch I forgot about.  Her tune is pretty but for the life of me I can't think of the name of it.   

I bought this English Cottage teacup and saucer in a gift shop (ASKWITH GIFTS) for $15.99 in Sault St. Marie, Michigan while on a trip around Lake Superior years ago. 


The teacup is Regency English Bone China (Made in England).  


I hope your morning is as lovely as mine.  

3 comments:

  1. Okay so I am jealous!!!!!

    I really do love little cottages. PLUS I love tea cups and saucers. VERY PRETTY.LUCKY GIRL. I hope your weather is nice as ours in ohio?? We have had such nice weather this week. It makes me feel so thankful. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling doll. I love the tea cup and saucer. That is also a very pretty doily - very nice shade of green.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy,
    That is a beautiful teacup. Can just imagine having a cup of tea and daydreaming about the English countryside. The little doll so sweet. Very pretty!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete