Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Oh, what a beautiful morning here!  
The sun is shining and it's suppose to be a lovely St. Patrick's Day with highs in the 60s F.  As I mentioned before I'm hosting our neighborhood monthly BUNCO group tonight so it will be a busy day for me.  For those of you who don't know what BUNCO is it's an easy to learn and play dice game composed of 12 players.  There are three tables of four players each where players rotate up or down between high, middle or low tables depending on their wins and loses.  We usually play three or four sets and then stop for dessert.  It's a great excuse for women to gather for the evening and catch up on the news.


My fireplace mantel all decked out with St. Paddy greenery!  

I'll leave you with some Irish humor.

A man stumbles up to the only other patron in a bar and asks if he could buy him a drink.

"Why of course," comes the reply.

The first man then asks: "Where are you from?"

"I'm from Ireland," replies the second man.

The first man responds: "You don't say, I'm from Ireland too! Let's have another round to Ireland." 
"Of Course," replies the second man.

Curious, the first man then asks: "Where in Ireland are you from?"
"Dublin," comes the reply.
"I can't believe it," says the first man.
"I'm from Dublin too! Let's have another drink to Dublin."
"Of course," replies the second man.

Curiosity again strikes and the first man asks:
"What school did you go to?"
"Saint Mary's," replies the second man.
"I graduated in '62."

"This is unbelievable!" the first man says.
"I went to Saint Mary's and I graduated in '62, too!"

About that time in comes one of the regulars and sits down at the bar.
"What's been going on?" he asks the bartender.
"Nothing much," replies the bartender. "The O'Malley twins are drunk again." 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy,
    The story is very funny! Have fun with BUNCO tonight, I know your group will love their gifts. Your fireplace mantel looks great!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great day ( and night ) Sandy.
    The Irish really are like the two in the joke you know. They have a terrific sense of humour and fun.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantel looks lovely! thank you for your kind comment.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete