Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Blue & White Decor

Blue Toile Drapes and Valance

I have always loved Blue & White so I guess that is why I decorated our Master Bedroom and Bath in it.  These are the only custom drapes I have ever had made.  

I am still crazy about this blue toile pattern and how it compliments our Benjamin Moore Oriental Silk wall paint color.

Vintage Chenille Bedspread

Sorry...the light isn't the greatest in our bedroom!

This beautiful chenille tuft pattern stands out better with the camera flash off.

I found this beautiful vintage blue and white chenille bedspread at a gift shop in Chesapeake City, Maryland.  

It was marked $50 and when I bought it up to the cashier she said I could have it for $40!  

What a deal!  

It is in perfect condition and it washes up beautifully.  

I use it in the summertime on our bed.  It is sooo soft and lightweight. 



Pillow Cover Front

This is my latest crochet project.  

I whipped up this cute little blue and white pillow cover.  

I chained a row of white the length of the pillow.  And then it's just rows of double crochet and single  crochet alternated.


I single crocheted the sides closed and added little button holes on the back.  

I crocheted little blue ties rather than using buttons. 

Pretty cute, huh? 

Please join me for:
Make It My Day at Backyard Eden
Gina at The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday


Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Wendy at The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday
 Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show of Your Cottage Monday

Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday  




20 comments:

  1. Beautiful bed ensemble, cozy, comfy, cool, refreshinng. Cute pillow cover. Looks like something I might actually be able to crochet. Have a happy Fourth of July! xo,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those toile curtains are lovely!!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your custom drapes are gorgeous. Love that toile pattern. I've always LOVED blue & white too. My parents house always had a lot of blue in it. Just crocheted some blue & white pillows for my Mom's latest apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, that little pillow *is* pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the drapes and the chenille spread. You have great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your draperies are so beautiful. Love your blues and whites!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sandy....just beautiful!!! Those drapes are to die for...P.S. Go check out my word verification posts (upper right sidebar and posted the other day......increase your comments....I had left my comment and pushed post comment and it was so delayed.....I almost didn't catch that you had word verification. I wonder how many comments are lost because of that? (Some blogs are delayed and some are quick. I haven't figured out the who or why of it...but without it, the new blogger software stops ALL my spam and only lets genuine comments through. Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a sucker for toile, and those drapes are amazing! Happy 4th of July! Drop by when you get a chance.

    Back Porch Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did an awesome job on your custom drapes!! I love the blue and white.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, blue and white are hard to beat. Always clean and bright and somehow .... well crisp!but still pretty and restful too. your bedroom sounds lovely.
    Cheers
    Helen
    PS. Took your advice about the commenting and here I am. Yipee!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! very fresh and crisp looking, but romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your curtins are beautiful! I have never seen valances done in 3 tiers like that with the piping. Love them!
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  13. You said these were your only custom drapes; I guess that means these were your first. Amazing! I love the mix with the check. Your piping detail is excellent and really sets off the fabrics. I know how hard it is to make your own piping. I have buzzed around trying cusom drapes but I was afraid to spend all that money on fabric. I only recently started my blue and white teacup collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry by "custom" drapes I mean I had them professionally made. I wish I could do piping this well. LOL! However, I did select the fabrics and the professional sewers added the piping (without any instructions from me) and I loved their piping. It made the cornices worth all the money I spent. I don't know how I missed responding to your comment. How is your blue and white teacup collection coming along?

      Delete
  14. Happy New Year Sandy! I love the cornice boards. Did you follow a pattern? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks but I didn't make these. I had them professionally made by a drapery/rug store (that has since closed). So I don't have a pattern. I did select the fabrics and I was very pleased to see the extra piping that the sewers added (without any instructions from me) that really set off the cornices. Custom drapes/cornices are very expensive to have made by the way. I have enjoyed them for over ten years but now I will have to leave them behind when we move to a new home in a couple of months. Of course the new home has different size windows. LOL! If you give me your email address I can send you a full picture of the cornice if you wish. So glad you like them.

      Delete
  15. Your drapes are marvellous. Exquisite in fact.

    ReplyDelete
  16. IS THERE ANY WAY TO SEND ME A FULL PICTURE OF THE CORNICE? ITS TRULY SPECTACULAR...MY EMAIL IS BON1162@aol.com. just painted my dining room navy blue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your blue/white drapes and cornice. Can you give me any idea as to where to find this light blue very pretty print or drapes n light blue. The toile drapes I have found on Way fair are Navy Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people.
    drawer Handles

    ReplyDelete