Friday, March 11, 2022

Long Time No See

 What Have I Been Up To

My…but it has been a long time since I blogged.  This past year has been a tough one personally for me.  Of course COVID restrictions along with my testing positive to COVID (I am fully vaccinated) but luckily my symptoms were mild with a head cold only.  

Last summer as a screened in porch.

My oldest and last brother, Robert, had a turn for the worst in his battle against cancer last July and lost his battle in August 2021.  He was 78 years old and a wonderful brother to me.  Unfortunately I realized his wife was unable to live by herself having several medical issues including severe hearing loss.  So, I made the decision to move her into my guest bedroom last August.  Her adult children live on opposite coasts.  Taking over her finances, getting her house and car ready to sell took up most of my spare time.  Not counting all the doctor and test appointments to take her too.  I have a full house now with my sister-in-law, niece and my niece’s fiancé living with me.  Oh, I can’t forget the two doggies too, Jewels and Lucky!

Hubby at the beginning…

As I have mentioned in previous posts I decided to convert my screened in porch to a 4 season room and work started finally on it at the beginning of January 2022.  The windows didn’t come in until the middle of December and with the holidays January worked out to start the project.  I am so fortunate to have a good friend who is a designer and she accepted the job as the project manager.  The porch isn’t completely finished but it is probably 99% done.  The only items remaining are the exterior siding, another tramson window on order, another coat of interior painting and finishing the trim on the new and old sliders and Great Room exterior window.

I have loved my porch from the beginning especially after purchasing the new porch furniture several years ago.  But as I age cleaning the porch in the spring and breaking it down in the fall became harder to do.  

Ready for winter

My favorite spot is my chaise lounge chair.  Relaxing and reading out here is heaven.  

My chaise lounge chair!

I am typing this as I sit out in my new 4 season room watching it lightly snow and I am warm as a bug in a rug.

Lucky out in one of our snow days.

We had several heavy snow storms this winter.  I have a few heated mats for the doggies to get to the back yard.  This is our young Lucky.  He’s a rescue and very loving.  

The screened in porch…stay tune!

I will share the porch project with you all so stay tune!  More to come!


0 comments:

Post a Comment