Monday, February 1, 2021

A Quiet Snowy Day & My Fall Panel

 


Since yesterday was such a busy day for me I’ve been taking it easy today.  My plans of taking down my Winter Tree and cleaning my bathroom have been put aside.  It’s 31 degrees here and we have about two inches of snow with more coming today.  The little gingham red and white table cloth shown below in my hearth room was bought in Innsbruck when we went on a tour in northern Italy in 2014.  It fits this little table nicely.  And is my favorite color..RED!

I slept in this morning (don’t sleep as well at night) so mornings are my catch up sleep.  I have my orange juice followed by coffee while sitting in my hearth room with the fireplace going.  Currently I am reading an Allen Hunter novel, “Gently Floating”.  This is my fourth Gently novel.  Mr. Hunter wrote 46 of them.  I so enjoyed watching the Inspector Gently series streaming that I had to read his books.  Normally I am in Florida this time of year staying with my cousin but with COVID 19 I’m staying home this winter.


I thought I would share another project with you that I stitched up late last year.  I have several fabric panels I purchased over the last few years and this was one of them.  It’s a fall themed one with golden leaves falling and a bicycle under the tree.   It has pieced maple leafs in the corners...my first ones ever.  


I misplaced the instructions for this panel so I had to go to my expert quilter cousin to learn how to do the maple pieced blocks.  Since quilting this one, I purchased new free motion quilting gloves that I like.  One’s fingers are free and the palm of the gloves grip the fabric nicely.  

I still have several fabric panels projects.  I liked this Santa Claus panel and ordered two.  Needless to say it was much larger than I realized.  I’m not even sure how to cut it out and add borders.

I think I will make a large lap throw out of it.  I have a year to get it done.  LOL!

I’m streaming a new “Sherlock Holmes” series made in Russia in 2013 with subtitles.  It’s an interesting take on this famous detective although a bit strange in a foreign language taking place in London.  I was sad to learn that the actor who played Dr. Watson died in 2013.  

I find I’m streaming more shows than watching cable these days.  I went from four cable boxes down to just one and have four Amazon Fire Sticks to stream around the house.  I hate commercials so streaming is better than cable.    I’m not ready to cut the cable cord yet but I’m getting closer.  Do you like to stream shows?  

I’m fighting the urge to do something positive today.  Maybe I can count this posting.  LOL!  Enjoy your day and thanks for visiting this little old lady in Ohio.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment