Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Finally a Sunny Day

 Yippee!  The sun is shining today.  It’s all white outside after our snow fall yesterday.  The wind even blew snow onto my screened in porch.  I woke up feeling refreshed this morning.  It’s good to have a decent night’s sleep.  I managed to clean my bathroom but I’m still enjoying my Winter Tree!  



As many of you know who have followed my blog through the years, my hubby and I loved to travel in our various RVs.  We collected patches and pins with the thought to sew the patches on jackets and attach the pins to hats.  I never got around to it though until last year.  I made a wall hanging of black cotton and sewed all the patches from our travels throughout the USA and abroad.  I pinned all the pins on it too.  


I hung it in our downstairs media room.  I love looking at it and remembering all the wonderful times we had together.

Our rescue puppy, Lucky, continues to bring us joy.  He is a delight and just loves all his toys.


His big sister, Jewels, will take his toys away but Lucky doesn’t care.  He just grabs another one.  



They like to sleep a lot too!

My niece and her boyfriend had to cut Lucky’s nails last week.  Unfortunately while trimming one, Lucky moved and they cut the quick on one nail and blood went everywhere.  See the white cover Lucky is laying on.  They ordered a new cover but I took the old one and said I could get the blood out.  I tried using the Carbona Blood remover but when I used up two of the little bottles, I knew I had to find a better solution  So, I googled it and found out vinegar was recommended.  I had a big bottle of vinegar and it worked amazingly!  Quick too!  So, now they have a spare cover to use when trimming his nails.  

I should start working on my income taxes.  But I don’t think I have all the forms yet I need.  I was so spoiled because my hubby did the taxes our whole married life.  This will be the sixth year I have had to do the taxes since I was single.  Well, I don’t “do” the taxes.  I just gather all the documents and give them to my tax guy.  My hubby use to run the taxes himself just to check the results of our tax accountant.  He caught a few minor mistakes over the years.  Only two constants in this world...taxes and death.

Well, that’s all for today.


0 comments:

Post a Comment