Monday, January 23, 2012

Pastry & Ripple


Good Afternoon!

I just ate this piece of homemade Pumpkin Pie along with a cup of delicious Keurig coffee...life is good.

Oh, I knew it would happen one of these days...I forgot to put my cup under the machine when I hit brewing.  But I quickly caught it.  Luckily there's a neat drip pan that catches liquid if you forget - so it doesn't spill all over the countertop.

I accomplished two of my three goals this weekend.  

I tried out The Pioneer's Woman's recipe for pastry (here) and made Pap's Chip Dip.  

I did NOT get the Christmas tree put away.  

I'm not perfect....ha!  

Hubby doesn't care if I leave it up.  

However, I would like to get it down before the Merry Maids come on Thursday.  

I thought Ree's no fail pie crust recipe seemed familiar.   

I found a recipe I cut out of the newspaper probably back in the 1980s that was very similar to hers.  

Now I've tried both and both are excellent.

My Never-Fail Pie Crust recipe

I've been crocheting in the evenings the past few days and have a couple more rounds done on my Christmas Round Ripple.  

I wasn't sure about it at first but now I'm really loving it.  Maybe it's the colors but I'm liking the design too...finally. 


I started out with a pattern (here) and couldn't figure it out after the first couple rounds so I started to do my own thing.  

And, no, I'm not writing it down because I didn't know if it would work out.  

I wing things a lot. 


I never would have believed that I could "wing" anything at crochet when I started this hobby several years ago.

It's not perfect but who cares.  

It's handmade and one of a kind!

I working on the green, red and green band now.  

I may add another variegated red, green and white yarn I have on hand between two reds.  

Check out the Flickr group where we are posting our round ripples.

Do you have a hobby you love? 

7 comments:

  1. I am hearing so many good things about the Keurig, yet a friend of mine received one last Christmas as a gift, it was ordered from QVC, and it had to be returned. The 2nd one they just gave up on as they said the coffee was weak and cold. So I am hesitate to purchase one. I love the ripple, both the color of the yarn and the design itself. Pie looks really good, and it is National Pie Day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy, that is one of the best pieces of 'winging' I have ever seen. It is a lovely Christmas ripple.
    I've only been crocheting a couple of years but that is one hobby I love, the others are gardening (not quite as fit as I once was so I'd say I like "growing things" more than the actual gardening) also cross stitch which had fallen by the way side until I found some cross stitch blogs and got hooked again.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you figuring out this pattern and getting it finished after the holiday. I love this color play and pattern. I pinned it to my Christmas board ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, your crocheted piece is beautiful! I guess I'm going to need to learn this craft. I had to stop quilting due to arthritis following hand/wrist surgeries following a car accident. So wondering if this would be hard on them? Guess I'll find out. I got a Keurig for myself for Xmas. And I've forgotten the mug at least twice and it all went through! Oh well, guess that drip pans are for those like me!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Keurig. Perfect coffee every time. We even got one for the cabin up north. My favorite flavor now is Italian Roast. I shall have a cup shortly.

    Your crocheting is just exquisite and I shall have to try the pie crust.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great to me! You could be my "wing" person any day! Beautiful job. Don't you just love the world of crochet?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marvelous post. Your blog is outstanding. Thanks a lot for sharing such a wonderful post.

    Image Masking Service
    Clipping Path Service

    ReplyDelete