Sunday, January 31, 2021

Vintage St. Nicholas Panel & Silly Me

 I’m typing my post as snow is falling here in Ohio.  One to three inches is expected.  My Great Room Fireplace is on and my white lights Winter Tree is still up.  Today is my busy day doing laundry, making the bed, vacuuming the floors and cleaning my stove top.  Now I can rest and enjoy watching the snow fall.  I’m happy I don’t have to shovel it.  My niece’s boyfriend will do that for me.

Now to apologize to all who have commented on my blog since 2019.  I guess this is another senior moment for me.  I went in blogger to do this post and just for the heck of it, I clicked on “comments” and was so surprised there were 83 comments waiting for moderation.  I did’t even realize I had “moderation” set on my comments.  Luckily, many were spam but quite a few weren’t.  Now I know to check that more often.  I asked on my last post if anyone was still reading my blog not realizing there were comments left. So thank you all.

Getting older is no fun.  The body aches and one has to take many more breaks.  Speaking of getting older.. I did something today that I thought was so funny.  I got two Echo 5 thingies (they were on sale on Amazon) one for my Great Room and one for my bedroom.  My niece also got two for the Media Room and her bedroom downstairs.  When I realized I could control my lamps from the Echo 5 through Alexa I purchased several “smart plugs”.  I have the majority of my lamps controlled by Alexa now and really like it.  That is until I had WiFi outages and had to reset the “smart plugs” over and over.  I ended up replacing my Orbi router with a new beef up Orbi 6 Mesh WiFi router and satellite to cover 5,000 square feet and over 60 devices.  I’m hoping that is the last time I have to reset all the “smart plugs” until this router dies.  Now what did I do that was so funny.  I told the Echo to turn on my Great Room lamp.  She wasn’t responding and I couldn’t figure out why.  Then I realized I was telling “Amazon” to turn on the lamp and not “Alexa”.  LOL



I want to show you this beautiful vintage St. Nicholas fabric panel I made into a wall hanging for my niece, MJ.  I bought it at a quilt shop but don’t remember where.  I think it was when my quilting cousin and I were driving from Ohio to Florida a few years ago. As I was working on it I was texting and calling my quilting cousin for help.  I free motion quilted it too.  That’s Lucky, our new rescue pup watching me.  He’s the sweetest the puppy!  Tomorrow I hope to take down the “Winter Tree” but if not I’ll enjoy it a few more days.  Thanks for visiting dear friends!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandy, I didn't realize you had roomies! I know that brings you comfort. xo

    ReplyDelete