Sunday, April 11, 2010

Christmas Colors Runner in the Sun


I finished the edging on my Christmas Colors Granny Square Runner (first posted about here) and (here).  I added three rows of white, then 2 rows of lime green followed by two rows of red before I started the edging.


The Edging, composed of the last three rows taken from Leisure Arts "50 Crocheted Afghan Borders" Number 50, was quick and easy to complete.


Isn't it pretty out in the sun?


 A few close up views of the edging.



Closer still...


This is one project I think I'm keeping for myself.  
I'm looking forward to displaying this runner at Christmas.  
Now wouldn't these colors crocheted in a Christmas tree garland be just delightful? 

7 comments:

  1. so pretty and the sun just makes the colors pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely, lovely! And I am watching this double in the sun; I am outside while reading this and it is sunny and warm.;)
    Have a lovely Sunday dear Sandy,
    xo
    Zuzana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how pretty!

    I bet a tree skirt would be just as pretty too.
    I'm about to start another baby blanket myself for the second grand-kid coming in August... I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy,
    Your runner turned out very pretty. The border is beautiful. A garland to match would be just the thing!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite colours. Love the way you have worked it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your runner is lovely. Bet you can't wait till Christmas! I'm kidding!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this - thank you so much for sharing this beautiful runner! :D

    ReplyDelete