Saturday, April 17, 2010

Trial and Error


Trial and Error...  
This project started out as two crocheted diagonal squares...


And became a pair of crocheted hand warmers...


I loved this soft acrylic yarn and its variation of green and violet colors.  However, this pattern was a challenge for me because it was double crocheted on the diagonal - I had to make increases (...uh..ok) and decreases (...ugh..not ok).  I liked the look and feel of the thumb opening.   However, I'm not sure if I made the decreases correctly - some of these spaces seemed awkward looking.  Or is that how they are suppose to look?  I don't know.  

I decided that the hand warmers aren't perfect but I was satisfied with the end result enough to not frog them and start over. I'll have to try this pattern again someday.   Maybe with practice they will turn out better next time.  Keep on crocheting! 

9 comments:

  1. They look great to me and I am sure they feel lovely. That ia sometimes the downside of making things for yourself isn't it == you know exactly where the challenging bits are. You should see my wallpapering!!!
    Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy...
    Been catching up on your blog this evening...
    You are one productive woman...
    love the star garland!
    happy weekend,
    xoxo~Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look perfect to me. I love the yarn. Do tell, please. Beside, when you really need to wear those warmers, I'm sure your hands won't know you are missing a decrease or two.

    Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Perfect here with a nice brisk breeze in the air.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they're great!!! Good job!1

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look perfect to me, but I don't know how to crochet. Love the colors of the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandy, Just read your comment,,,thanks so much for stopping by. We definitely have lots in common..just read your favorite book list...The Fountain Head was one of the most powerful books I have ever read..I am now reading Atlas Shrugged...how Ayn Rand could foresee so many things is amazing to me...Also..camping..hope you make it out to Az one winter...we have room for a fifth wheel for a few days....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Re: your comment on Atlas Shrugged...."Amen"!!!

    I just recently read it again, and during a phone conversation with my son I kept telling him [and he agreed as he also has read it several times]..."this is just like current events"

    And it's very difficult not finding a book as well written as this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It became great! I think these will keep your hands warm when you blog in late autumn and winter. The colours are so beautiful as well.;)
    Hope you are having a lovely Sunday dear Sandy
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look fantastic. Good on you for trying to challenges and succeeding

    ReplyDelete