Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Modern Royal Doulton "Bunnykins" Mug and Figurine


Yesterday I posted about my vintage Royal Doulton "Bunnykins" nurseryware bowl and cup (here).  Today's post is about a modern day Royal Doulton "Bunnykins".  


I saw this Royal Doulton "Bunnykins" mug and figurine at Home Goods recently and couldn't resist taking it home to my other Bunnies.   This is Mrs. Bunnykins with her bouquet of flowers. 


Here's another pretty view of the cup...see the colorful flowers!


And on the other side is Mr. Bunnykins pushing his cart of flowers...see the inside of the cup where it says "Thinking of You".


So cute...


Here's the sad part...ok... it is described as "hand made" and "hand decorated"...but note that the backstamp says it is "designed in England"... it doesn't say it is made in England anymore.  It is a shame that Royal Doulton is outsourcing their manufacturing of china to another country now.   I always like to get china that was/is made in England because the quality was/is excellent.  

Although these Bunnykins mug and figurine are cute does anyBUNNY else feel disappointed about this or is it just me?     

7 comments:

  1. My dear Mum would have. She worked in a beautiful China Shop for many years and Doulton was her favourite!
    The link for the cute little rabbit is
    http://littlecottonrabbits.typepad.co.uk/
    Hope you have a Blessed Easter
    Lots of love Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy!!!!
    I loved catching up with you this evening...
    Your china is precious...you have quite a collection.
    You've been very busy too,
    Your Easter banner is great!
    Have a wonderful Easter sunday!!!
    xoxo~Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gal! Love this! The little bunnies running around the top are so cute!! Yes it's sad about the out sourcing! Money is the name of the game, unfortunately. Maybe they will learn if sales go down.

    Have a blessed Easter that is full of JOY!!
    HUGS,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally disappointed about the outsourcing. Is nothing authentic any more? Love your little cup and figurine though. I still have my bunnykins from my early years... my boys eat their breakfast out of them every morning. The patterns are almost gone now but they are being loved and used and as I say "every morning is a special occasion". A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh PS answer to your question about my headboard. No I didn't make it. It is a beautiful Italian linen creation from a supplier of mine. I wish I had the talent to create! I console myself in the fact that I lean towards music and not art or craft. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful cup, so cute and delicate. I love the "thinking of you" text, that one can see each time one sips ones tea,
    xo
    Zuzana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandy:o) I love too porcelain cups,
    your collection is cute!
    Hugs:o)
    Magda
    http://1717mk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete