Thursday, April 15, 2010

Butterflies and Flowers


Ahhh...butterflies and flowers...

Isn't this a lovely rose teacup and saucer sitting next to a butterfly pin and vintage embroidered flowers and butterflies hankies?


This beautiful teacup and saucer was handed down from my paternal Grandmother to my Mother and finally to me.  Sitting next to the teacup is a flower painted glass box  filled with vintage custom jewelry pins.  I have lots of pins saved from my own childhood and also passed down from my Mother and MIL.   And what do you think about my Wild Flower tray (made in Italy)?  I don't remember where I bought the tray but it compliments the teacup nicely I think.


Backstamp:
   
Est. 1775
AYNSLEY
Made in England
Fine English
Bone China

The color in this teacup and saucer is a rich, deep, dark, bluish purple - which makes the pinks and reds of the rose even more vibrant.  
This Aynsley teacup and saucer has always been one of my favorites!

2 comments:

  1. You have great taste
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dear Sandy, what a lovely combination.;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete