Thursday, April 22, 2010

Violet Flowers Teascape


Another favorite teacup and saucer of mine...I just love the pretty violet flowers.  I think I see hearts in the gold leaf flower design?  This teacup belonged to my MIL's sister.  I feel so fortunate to have it and it brings such sweet memories of two very lovely ladies to mind every time I look at it. 


My dear MIL embroidered this lovely green and violet flowerscape many years ago.  I hope to have it framed this year.  Doesn't it go just beautifully with this teacup/saucer?


Backstamp:    
                             
Phoenix Bone China
T.F. & S. LTD
Made in England

Who doesn't love violets?  Have a wonderful Spring day!

7 comments:

  1. The embroidery and the teacups look absolutely lovely. I love violet colour, especially when it is almost blue.
    I agree, there are definitely hearts in the golden design.;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm beginning to realise why you have called your blog "Teacup Lane ". You have a lovely collection.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think violets are the happiest of little flowers! I love them too! And your teacup/saucer and embroidery are so pretty!!! Thanks for sharing them with us!
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy,
    Beautiful tea cup, just right for spring. The flower embroidery is beautiful. I think having it framed would be a great idea. Putting a note in it telling who made it and when would be fun too, kind of like a time capsule. Seeing Alaska by RV is a great idea, you will get to see so much of it that way. Will you travel up the Alaskan Highway? I will enjoy seeing your pictures when you go!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your violets are all beautiful!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty pattern on the tea cup and saucer as well, as the table scarf.
    So pretty!

    My grandmother collected cups and saucers, I have no idea where they are now, but they were all so beautiful. I remember standing staring into the glass etegere and just dreaming about some of the far away places they came from. She had many from all over the world.

    Yours always,(every time I see one) makes me think of my grandmother. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely!And what a marvelous idea to frame her embroidery!What a lovely vignette it will make...with the teacup and saucer!

    ReplyDelete