Friday, August 21, 2020

My Butterfly Bush in Bloom and My Birdhouse Quilt


 Hello!  It’s a beautiful sunny day here in Ohio.  So, I decided to sit out on my screened in porch for lunch on my very comfortable chaise lounge chair.  My Butterfly bush is in full bloom this year.  I had three planted five years ago but only one has survived.



Isn’t it pretty!

I washed out my birdbath and watered my flower pots.  It is a warm sun and I had to come back into the air conditioning. 

I’m hand sewing the binding back down on my birdhouse quilt.  I had it professionally quilted by a quilter friend.  I tried to free motion quilt it but the weight of the quilt made it too hard to move on my Janome 15000.  I suppose I could have tried using my sit down quilter machine but felt that Karen could do a better job and I wasn’t wrong because it turned out beautifully.  Actually I had her long arm quilt four of my quilts.


This is before I sent it off to Karen when I was pinning it to try free motion quilting.  I just love red and blue and white backgrounds.  I’m amazed I made this quilt.  I spend the winters with my cousin, Rozann, in Stuart Florida.  She is so very talented and a very experienced quilter along with her quilting buddies.  I have learned so much from her in the last three years.

When we moved in five and 1/2 years ago we had Time Warner cable put in (now Spectrum) and the rates just keep going up and up.  We had four cable boxes installed and one is a DVR.  But with streaming becoming so more popular I found I wasn’t using all the cable boxes so I have returned three of them and just kept the DVR one in my Great Room.  I’m not ready to leave cable yet but I am thisclose.  We had surround systems installed in our Great Room and downstairs Media Room.  Plus a receiver and different remotes that go with it so it has been a learning curve understanding all this technical stuff.  My hubby was so good with any technology I left all that to him. Can’t do it now though.  

I bought some Bluetooth earbuds to use in the Great Room just to discover my receiver doesn’t work with it.  I would have to upgrade to a different receiver.  It does work one way but only with cable - not with my Amazon Fire Stick for streaming.  So, maybe next year I will look into upgrading the receiver.  I love to stream.  I have Amazon Video, Britbox, Acorn, Hulu and through family I also have Disney + and Netflix.    It is so refreshing to watch other countries programs especially mysteries and law and order ones.  

Well, that’s all for today.  I’m this close to finishing the binding on the Birdhouse quilt.


3 comments:

  1. Wow Sandy! So good to see you again. The quilt is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bird house quilt is just darling. I need to put that on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you back here again Sandy. Your quilts are fantastic. Cheers

    ReplyDelete