Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I Adore Dogs!

I have always loved dogs. 

 As a child I were so surprised when my Dad brought home a beautiful little mut with golden fur that we named "Lady" (after "Lady" of "Lady and the Tramp").

Hubby and I have had one dog, Dusty, a beautiful German Shepherd, that we lost when he was seven years old to bone cancer.

I love these creatures with their hearts of gold.

One Christmas my brother and sister-in-law gifted me with a lovely black iron plate hanging rack.





I didn't have any plates to put on it so of course I had to go shopping. 

 I found two dog plates at Ballards and fell in love with them.


Unfortunately, I couldn't find a matching third one.


I finally found this black and gold painted Fleur-de-lis plate as a substitute.


I still have my eye out for a matching dog plate.


But until then I am happy with my dog plate wall.

Some day I hope to find a dog picture to hang like Susan at "Between Naps On the Porch" has in her family room.


I can always dream!

Do you love dogs?



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. I know it sounds crazy, but I still miss my cocker spaniel, Buffy, named after a character on my favorite tv show at the time "Family Affair". I often think about getting a puppy, but I think I am too old and today they are so costly for vet fees, upkeep, etc. I would absolutely adopt a rescue, though, not purchase. My birds would probably freak out, too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dogs too ...your plates are lovely...I think dogs help keep us young they are such good company and loving...~~Debb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs are the best. I have two of my own. My furry little boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    I love your plates !!!
    I have an Idea why dont you decoupage a black plate if you get one with a nice doggy picture from the net?

    ReplyDelete