Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Cheap & Easy Easter Garland



Want a cheap and easy Easter Egg Garland?

I saw these large plastic Easter eggs in our grocery store and bought several packages with plans to make an Easter Egg Garland.

I already had ribbons on hand and I gathered up my scissors, thin wire and buttons.  



The eggs come apart and at least one end already had a tiny hole.  I cut the wire into strips and fashioned a loop and twisted the ends.  I fed the ends through the hole in the plastic egg.  At first I thought I would use the button to hold the wire in place inside the egg but I found out I didn't need to do that.  I just pulled the wire ends apart inside the egg to hold the wire in place.  



Next I threaded ribbon through the egg wire hanger loops and then use different ribbons to tie each egg in place on the ribbon garland.  




Here's the finished Easter Egg Garland hanging in my kitchen widow.  

This project took about 15 minutes and was pretty cheap considering all I had to buy was the plastic eggs. 



We're going to have ham for Easter dinner...just my Hubby and me.  We have a teeny, tiny ham and will probably still have lots left over.  

What are your plans for Easter?


Please join me for:
Make It My Day at Backyard Eden
Gina at The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday

Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Wendy at The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday
 Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show of Your Cottage Monday

Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday  



7 comments:

  1. Cute and thrifty! I like that.... I will be having ham also at a friend's home. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how cute that looks hanging in your window!
    The whole clan is coming home for Easter.
    Ham
    Cheesy Potatoes
    Sweet Potatoe pie
    5 Bean salad
    Homemade rolls
    Sweet and sour cucumbers
    Chicken caserole
    Salad
    pound cake
    Cheese cake
    Sunshine in a jar for the kids
    Lemon Pie
    and enough Easter Candy to choke a pig!

    Happy Easter girlfriend!
    Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. Have a lovely weekend! I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I am always looking for things to do with those plastic eggs because I think they muliply around here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So darling ~ what a cute idea! Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. its such a cute and creative idea, i wonder how you come up with such great ideas and make them look so easy to accomplish!!

    ReplyDelete