Monday, March 8, 2021

A Warm Day Here in Ohio


 Oh my gosh...it’s 61 degrees here today!

I sat out on my screened in porch in the sun feeling the fresh air and loving it.

First time this year!

I had three items on my agenda today and I completed all of them.

1.  Sign my income tax return and deliver it to my tax guy.  DONE!

2.  Try the new microfiber window cleaning cloths I ordered from Amazon.  DONE!


My Great Room and Kitchen windows have the screens out so I can see and take photos of the animals and birds without the screens ruining the shots.  The windows were pretty dirty because I didn’t have them cleaned last year so I first used a squeeze with a pail of hot water and Dawn soap on them.  Then I used the new microfiber cloths as instructed.  Wow!  No streaks at all!  I’m amazed at how well they worked.  I don’t plan to do the rest of the exterior windows because the screens need cleaning too so I’ll hire a professional.  Actually the whole house needs to be professionally power washed this year.  

3.  I had ordered a BISSELL portable carpet cleaner to use on my stairs but it was too much work for me at age 74 to do the scrubbing needed.  I was so pooped after doing the first part of the stairs I couldn’t finish the rest.  So I’ve decided to return it for a refund. DONE!


 If I was  younger I would probably keep it.  I liked how it cleaned up and it really did a wonderful job picking up the dog hair and dirt.  I haven’t decided what to replace it with...either a lightweight BISSELL carpet cleaner upright or another portable one that has a power brush.


  So glad this snow is gone!

  I was glad to get my car out for a drive today.  My hubby was the driver and I was the passenger.  I’ve never been crazy about driving unless it was a route I knew well.  Although I’m so much more comfortable driving with the back up camera and sensors.  When my hubby and I took off on our trips we both just relaxed and were so happy to be on the road.  I purchased my Subaru Outback 2016 in September 2015 and I only have 7,700 plus miles on it.  I’ve had to put three batteries in it.  If it sits the battery completely drains.  Finally this winter my brother in law attached a trickle charger to it and I haven’t had any problems so far.  I think something in the electronics drains the battery.  Other than that issue I haven’t had any other problems with the vehicle.  It’s the third Subaru we (I’ve own) have owned.  


Isn’t that the truth!

I’m enjoying another cup!

Thanks for visiting little old me!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to get out and enjoy your day! We only reached 59* here in Southeast North Carolina. It was beautiful here also but with a cooling breeze. Our Daffodils are up and blooming along with the Forsythia. Best wishes for your Spring/Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Richard! Nothing is budding here yet. But with this week in the 50s we should see more activity. Enjoy your Spring too!

    ReplyDelete