Sunday, November 16, 2014

My Birthday Elf & Cake!


I'm so glad I made it to 68!  

So is my crocheted Birthday "Elf on a Shelf"!


My sweet Hubby made my Brithday so wonderful.  

He bought me some Pandora charms (a Fairy, a Castle and a Christmas Teddy Bear).  

And now he is on his way to pick up our take out dinner for tonight.  

No cooking for me tonight.  

We're going to put a DVD on and sit back and enjoy our evening.  


He choose well considering I hinted at the new Disney charms for my birthday.  

Unfortunately the Disney charms aren't available until January 2015 at our local store.  

But the fairy is Tink, the castle is Cinderella's as far as I'm concerned.  


finished my Elf on a Shelf last night.

I started him last January and set him aside and picked him up again two nights ago.  

It's the first time EVER I hand-embroidered a face.  

Now I want to crochet a girl elf!


Take a look at the progression of my birthday cake.  

After sitting awhile it started to split apart down the middle of both layers.  

We were laughing so hard as we tried to catch the layers as they were sliding off. 


Regardless of how awful it looks it tasted delicious. 


Thanks for visiting me on my birthday!


I won't be doing much decorating this Christmas because most of our decorations are in storage for our move next year.  

I have a few Christmas & Disney things in my Christmas China Cabinet that I can put out though.

It wouldn't be Christmas without some decorations.

3 comments: