Monday, June 7, 2010

Mosaic Monday - Purple Haze


It's Mosaic Monday!

Another beautiful spring flower to showcase - my lovely Iris.  Doesn't it look like a "Purple Haze"?




I think these would have been even more stunning if it hadn't been an overcasted day when I took these photos.  These were growing at the North West Royal Mounted Police Museum in Macleod, Alberta Canada.  I guess I'm a true blogger now as I'm always looking for snapshots to post about when I'm out and about now.


And here's my Purple Haze Iris Mosaic!

Isn't nature wonderful to have such beauty for us to behold?

Please join our lovely host Mary at The Little Red House (here) for more Mosaic Monday posts.

I can't leave without saying a word of thanks to all the brave men and women who participated in the D-Day Invasion 66 years ago Sunday.   God Bless All of You!  So many of the Greatest Generation, including loved ones, have now passed away... but are not forgotten.

I'm late posting this because every time I tried last night I got a message that blogger wasn't available. 

And an update on our travels.  Today was another travel day of about 400 miles.  But..the good news is we have arrived in Dawson Creek, British Columbia, Canada ...which is the start of the Alaska Highway!!!!  We are going to lay over two nights here so we can do some sightseeing tomorrow before heading up the Alaska Highway.

Sandy at Teacup Lane

10 comments:

  1. Your pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your purple Iris is beautiful! The detail on the flowers are amazing! Wonderful mosaic!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Canada, your iris mosaic is beautiful. I hope you enjoy your stay in B.C. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Such beauty the Iris is, your photos are awesome! I have the very same Iris's in my yard and just love them! Very beautiful they are. Thank you so much for sharing this. I hope that you have a lovely new week!
    hugs...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful old fashioned iris! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Iris!...and what a trip! I look forward to photos from the Highway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to hear an update from your travels.;)
    The collage is stunning, enjoy the open roads,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. what beautiful photos, i love iris, i wish i could grow them here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds as if you are having a great trip, the iris mosaic is stunning, the flowers are so intricate and colourful.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  10. How gorgeous.
    Lovely snapshots and mosaic.

    ReplyDelete