Sunday, April 29, 2012

Coming Up Roses


Off to Michaels this morning to see if I can find yarn similar to this light celery shade for my Christmas Granny Rose throw.


I found a shade just a tad darker than this light celery rose but still on the lighter side.

Unfortunately I can't use the yarn shown here because I only have less than a skein left and I don't even remember where I bought it.  It's a little thicker yarn too which worked well for the joining and edging on my Granny Rose pillow cover but makes the rose a bit larger than I like.     

 While at Michaels I bought three different green yarns that were similar to this shade.  Tonight I will make some samples to see which color wins the contest.

I love the light green roses with the red roses.


We ordered seat covers for our travel van driver and passenger seats. 

 My seat has Tinkerbell embroidered on it. 

 I We wanted to get Mickey Mouse for Hubby's seat but it wasn't available. 

 Haven't taken it out of the bag yet.  

We're bringing the van up tomorrow to pack for our trip this week so we'll put the new seat covers on at that time.

It's a beautiful day here with lots of sunshine and cool breezes.       


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Love that green and the fact you are making roses, they are so gorgeous. Love your cute seat covers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Sandy, I head out of town for the weekend and come back to your awesome pillow and sample Christmas rose squares! They are super dooper cool! I LOVE the green and red together. That celery yarn is such a good color - I hope you find it again. Hobby Lobby has a great yarn called pistachio - but it's lighter. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I like the light green flowers with the red ones too! I hope you find something very close to that celery color. It's almost a mint green, isn't it? It's going to be such a pretty Christmas throw. I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your roses are lovely, this is so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete