Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring Bouquet


Finally after practicing on several pieces and drawing a diagram to follow I started crocheting another bench cover using Jan Eaton's "Bobble Zigzags" ripple stitch.


I'm using Lily Sugar n' Cream cotton yarn that I have on hand in Spring flower colors and a J hook.


The top area of my bench seat is 30 inches by 21 inches. My foundation chain is 112 plus 2 stitches (pattern repeat is 16 plus 2) so I'm repeating the pattern seven times.


This is a fun stitch and not really hard - it just takes me a while to get the stitch right on ripple patterns.

The most important thing is to make sure the foundation chain is correct as that is the basis that the pattern is built upon.


I told you it would be colorful!

Well, I better get back to crocheting.

It's a beautiful Spring day here with the sun shining!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy, well, I did not forget basic crochet!! I picked up yarn to make dish cloths and did a chain and a few rows of single, and I did a row of shells now I have to remember the double and triple and ripple......I need to find some easy directions .I am sure there are some on the 'net. Your spring ripple is beautiful, love the colors. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, it is awesome and it looks like you got the stitch down perfect! Your colors make me happy...makes me wish I was outside in sunny weather. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful beginning! Love the Easter blog scheme too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very delightful colors here Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous! I'm drooling. I think my Mother's Day request might have to be that book! I really want to have a try at this! Love the Lily cottons...they always feel so good in the finished product. Can't wait to see more! Keep us "posted". Hugs, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to see it finished.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your ripples and bobbles and pretty colors! Are you sure you don't want to make this a blanket? Hee-hee. I know. That's evil. It will be beautiful whatever you choose to make it into.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is going to be beautiful, love the colours.
    After snow yesterday we have some Spring sun today.
    Have a lovely Easter.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete