Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dishcloth & Yorktown, VA


I just whipped up a cute little dishcloth while riding in our travel van. We're on our way home from our mini road trip to Yorktown, VA.

We had fun visiting the Yorktown National Park Battlefield where George Washington defeated Cornwallis thus ensuring our independence from Britain.


Did you know that Washington established the Purple Heart award?






I didn't.


We hope to return to Williamsburg soon and stay a little longer.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy, I love how you whip things up! I have some family in Yorktown, VA, they had a lovely sprawling ranch house I remember. Haven't been there since I was a child. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you haven't been to Mount Vernon yet, it's a must! Just went with my husband and in-laws on Easter Sunday and it's pretty incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, we have been to Mount Vernon several times over the years. The last time we were there we were sitting on rockers on George's back porch viewing the Potomoc River and several bald eagles flew over...what a sight! We also visited where George was born and raised in the area - very interesting too.

      Delete