Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spring Bouquet Blooming


You know I wasn't totally happy with how the sides on my bench cover, Spring Bouquet, were turning out. 

 It was becoming too much of a ruffle look for me.




So I thought about it for a few days and one night I grabbed it and frogged back to the yellow border. 

There...it was done!  Now I could redo it.

 I find when I'm working on a project without a pattern like this one that it is better NOT to sew in the loose yarn ends as I go because once I do that it is almost impossible to frog any of my previous work if I so wish to do so at some point. 

 This was easy to frog back.




Of course I made some changes.

I went from doing "rounds" around the sides with double crochet stitches to doing "rows" in single crochet for each of the sides. 

 Once I reach the length I need for the sides I will slip stitch the corners together.

I am pleased with the results so far as it is lying flatter then before and has a more tailored style.




What a beautiful day!

I'm sitting out on my screened-in porch as I type this listening to the birds and enjoying the sunny morning with my cup of coffee.  It can't get any better than this.

Thanks for stopping by to visit me!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

10 comments:

  1. It is abeautiful day, just a tad bit too warm in the house for me, but I refuse to turn on the a/c - way too early. Heat is OFF! Yippee! Glad you figured this out. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the colors & your pattern is beautiful!!
    Have a Wonderful Day!!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I love the edges. I have learned a valuable lesson from you about weaving in the ends. I am constantly unraveling and now I will know better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy,
    What a pretty project.I love the pattern and the colors! I finished all the crochet project's I had..now I need to buy more yarn so I can start on another.
    Have a sweet day,Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is lovely, great pattern. I agree about not finishing off the ends when it is something your are creating or adapting, I hate frogging but it is worse when the ends are all carefully woven in.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did like the before, so much so that I'm patiently (not) waiting for the mailman to bring my book with the pattern for the bobble ripple, but I also like what you've changed it too. So beautiful. I've also gotten very cautious about working ends in until I'm completely done. Got caught not to long ago where I had to make new squares to finish (and they were big ones too) as I could take it apart as the ends had been worked in as I went along. Lesson learned. Have a lovely day and evening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah I knew you'd work it out! Great idea. I think i understand the look you are going for and I think you've got it right this time. The top is very pretty.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea with the sides, that should sit lovely and flat. Thanks for the tip about not sewing in the ends.

    I sit in bed with the laptop as I type and the rain is pouring at at the window.

    Good new look with the header.

    cheers
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you've solved your problem... yay!
    Pure genius.
    Me...I'm too lazy to do all that, but there are times when the perfectionist in me ...says just do it!

    glad you're able to make repairs-- Pat

    ReplyDelete