You know I wasn't totally happy with how the sides on my bench cover, Spring Bouquet, were turning out.
It was becoming too much of a ruffle look for me.
So I thought about it for a few days and one night I grabbed it and frogged back to the yellow border.
There...it was done! Now I could redo it.
I find when I'm working on a project without a pattern like this one that it is better NOT to sew in the loose yarn ends as I go because once I do that it is almost impossible to frog any of my previous work if I so wish to do so at some point.
This was easy to frog back.
Of course I made some changes.
I went from doing "rounds" around the sides with double crochet stitches to doing "rows" in single crochet for each of the sides.
Once I reach the length I need for the sides I will slip stitch the corners together.
I am pleased with the results so far as it is lying flatter then before and has a more tailored style.
What a beautiful day!
I'm sitting out on my screened-in porch as I type this listening to the birds and enjoying the sunny morning with my cup of coffee. It can't get any better than this.
Thanks for stopping by to visit me!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone