The seat area of my bench cover, Spring Bouquet, is completed.
I figured out a way to straighten out the ripple edge without taking the "ripple" out of it.
On the wrong side I chained across the length of the ripple edges side to side and attached each chain strip to the other side with a slip stitch.
I did one row of double crochet across the chain. I did this on both ripple edges.
Then I did several rounds of single crochet around the whole top (down the sides and across the outside edge of the chained piece) until the top piece completely covered the seat area of the bench.
Using the same color yarn on the wrong side I attached the inside edge of my chain strips to the seat sewing them together.
Now I will work on the sides of the bench cover.
You can see here how the ripple edges are loose and I didn't lose any of the "ripple".
I'm pleased with the results.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone