Friday, April 20, 2012

Fun at Home Goods


This morning I ran over to Home Goods. 

I hadn't been there in ages. 

 Look what I found to hang on my kitchen teacup wall!

I ❤ birds and can't resist cute bird plates when I see them.




I also picked up some new pillow covers for our family room. 

I bought two pillow sham sets in similar colors but different patterns.

 I like to use standard bed pillows with shams because they are easy to change out and are washable...not to mention comfortable.




We are going to be fixing up our family room this summer with new flooring and new furniture. 

 I'm leaning towards light colors like blues, tans, yellows and creams with pops of red.




I also purchased a tall, dark wood candle stick for our fireplace mantel. 

 I may paint it another color though to keep with my new decor theme of lighter tones for the room.

I'm going to try to hang the bird plate with 3M Command Strips.




I wasn't sure if it would work because the plate has that little ridge on the back and I hoped the strips would be thick enough to overcome the height of the ridge to attach to the wall firmly.

So far...so good!




See I found the perfect spot for it!

Now if I could just hide that ugly door bell thing.  

Do you like to shop at Home Goods too?

Have a lovely day!

Update:

As I was sitting here wondering if I should add a second command strip to my bird plate...

 I heard a loud crash...

it hadn't been up but a few minutes...


Luckily it didn't break anything else on its way down.

Hope your day is going better than mine....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Oh My! It was such a pretty plate! Are you considering going back to purchase another one?
    Linda/lindacrochets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Sandy, things like this happen to me all the time. I can't seem to take a dish or glass out of my cabinets without another glass or dish tumbling out and poof! smithereens!! Maybe you can find more of them. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, crapola! I am so sorry your plate fell *sadface* You really did have fun at Homegoods!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well darn it anyway that's too bad Sandy such a lovely plate. Maybe you can search out another one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, your lovely new plate.
    I lost a few things when a shelf came off the wall a little while ago, fortunately nothing of sentimental value broke, several things 'bounced' - some off me!!
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete