Wednesday, September 24, 2014

New Home & More Sewing


A visitor getting a drink at our bird bath!

The Great Room.

We had another trip to Ohio last week for walk-throughs with several tradesmen in our new home we are building  - electrical, sound and vision for our large screen TVs and central vac system.

Photo above looking from kitchen/morning room into great room.

Room to the left of fireplace is the office.

Room to the right is our master bedroom and bath.

Garage ceiling electrical fixtures.

The trade crews were hard at work.  

It was neat to see all the wires and tubes running everywhere.  

We had so many decisions to make - where to place electrical outlets, electrical box fixtures and hide-a-hose outlets.  

Our heads were spinning!


Over all we were very pleased with the progress.

However, we noticed the wrong window was installed in our great room during our last visit.   

So we were pleased to see on this visit that the opening was reframed for the correct transom window (on order).  


The half wall frame in the kitchen is too high and has to be redone.   

It's suppose to be counter high.

Our custom kitchen cabinets are being built.

I will finally have a white kitchen.   

They also forgot to frame the walls in our hobby room in the lower level.  

I guess it's good we are coming back frequently to catch these boo-boos.  

Front porch with our eight foot Pella door.

It was a busy week. 

Now we have a week at home and then we are returning to Ohio for a family event (we are so thrilled because my Hubby's brother is being sworn in as Chief of Police).

And, of course, we are meeting with suppliers again too.

We are in the process of picking out our electrical fixtures and flooring options.

It's like going into a candy store…there are so many tasty treats to choose from.  

Once we were back home in PA I had one day to sew my "Party with Patrick" design for this month.


I devoted last Sunday as my sewing day and finished this project, "Dealer's Choice" (order digital design here).  

Whew!  

Monday was our "Party with Patrick" class…only three of us finished or almost finished the project.  

I think some of the ladies were "turned off" by the deck of cards design (maybe because of the  dark red and black colors used in Patrick's sample). 

I had no black fabric on hand.  

I tentatively thought of using the colors in a deck of cards - you, know…the red, black and bright yellow of the King, Queen and Jack…

 Instead I decided to use red, white and blue fabrics I had on hand.  

 This way I could use this project as either a place mat (or wall hanging) for 4th of July festivities.  



I had the funniest boo-boo on this project.

As usual I embroidered my name and year on the back.

I typed it all out on my computer using my TruEmbroidery software, printed out the design on paper in actual size to use for placement and downloaded the digital design into my Janome for stitching.

The design was as clear as day on all those screens and the paper.

But I never saw my mistake until it was embroidering the second "0".

I typed in "2004" instead of "2014"!

At least I got the correct decade.

HA!

The Dealer's Choice!

One of the ladies stopped me after class and said I always choose the most beautiful colors for my projects. 

Awwww….wasn't that nice!  


Well, I'm off to work on next month's "Party with Patrick" design, "Late-Summer Sunflower". 

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Moving right along with the house. I can't wait to see it all done and furnished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new home is looking wonderful Sandy, it is all so exciting.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so big!
    You're going to have all the room you need. Nice that you'll be closer to family too.

    ReplyDelete