Thursday, July 3, 2014

"I Scream, You Scream" Table Topper

Don't we all love Ice Cream?

I know I do.

Oh…and Gelato!

That stuff is made in heaven.


So with my love of yummy ice cream I was delighted to see our next "Party with Patrick" project for June was this adorable ice cream cone table topper.



I had eight ice cream cones to position on the front of the table topper.

Each one was stitched out individually.



Can you see the embroidery design I added to the ice cream…cherries!

This was my first try at embellishing an appliqué with embroidery.

I googled "cherry clip art" and downloaded one into my TruEmbroidery software to convert it to an embroidery design.

I think it turned out cute.

I centered one cherry on top of one of the ice cream cones and off-set the other one.

I thought two cherries was just the right touch.


This is the back.  

This appliqué covers my first try.

For some reason, I choose an embroidered ice cream cone design that came with my machine and decided to stitch it out all in black thread ????

Well, it looked horrible!

What to do?

Cover it up.

So, I appliquéd another ice cream cone over it to hide my mistake.

Then I embroidered the date, my name and the project's name on the back.

A much better choice.


This is a close-up of one of the embroidered cherries.  

Right above it I positioned a tiny quilt design in the center of the table topper front.

I liked that all the points of this design "pointed" out to an ice cream cone.



It took me awhile to decide which fabrics to use for this one.

I found the orange fabric in my stash - doesn't it work well for the cone portion?

All the appliqué ice cream portion fabric came from Joann Fabric Fat Quarters I had on hand.



You can't even tell this appliqué is covering up my first mistake.



The blue background fabric was my first choice but I almost couldn't use it.

Luckily it was just large enough for the topper.

And I'm so glad because it makes the ice cream cones pop.

I used my stripe fabric for the machine-stitched binding.

Our next "Party with Patrick" project for July , "HO, HO, HO," is a "Christmas in July" design!

Yep, I'm thinking about Christmas already.


Hubby ordered a new pressure washer for me.

It's still all plastic so it may only last a few seasons but I like it because it rolls easily with the four rolling feet and the on/off switch is easy to read, see and use.

Our deck is all cleaned now for the summer.

I'm sitting out here while I type this posting.

I love sitting out here listening to the birds chirping and enjoying the morning before all our rain and humidity comes again this afternoon.

~~~~~~~~

Do any of you watch "The Good Wife"?

I never did but a few weeks ago I had caught up with all my recordings and wanted something to watch I hadn't seen.  First, I tried the new show, "Fargo," but I didn't care for it especially after the husband (played by Martin Freeman who by the way I love as an actor) killed his wife.  So off I went searching On Demand for another show.

I saw "The Good Wife" and started watching it from the first pilot.

Oh, my, I love it!

What an excellent TV series.

I'm watching two to three episodes a day and I just started the 4th season.

If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend it.  


I had to laugh at this joke of the day.

It is so true!

Wishing everyone a lovely July 4th Weekend here in The States.


0 comments:

Post a Comment