Saturday, November 17, 2012

Ah...Paradise

I love it here in Ft. Wilderness (Walt Disney World, FL)!

It is paradise!

Today we're sitting out in our camping chairs just relaxing in the nicest weather we've had since arriving.

Yesterday, as I mentioned in my last post, I rested during the day so we would be at our peak for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom. We went over around 4:30 pm and stayed until 11 pm. And dragged ourselves back to the campsite around midnight.

The park was full of people but not as crowded if it was open to everyone. We rode the Peter Pan ride three times and Buzz Light Year twice !

And the biggest surprise last night was having a tour of the new Fantasyland. We walked through the newest restaurant, Be My Guest, located below the Beauty and the Beast castle. It's beautiful. You can see snow falling outside through the dining room windows. It will seat over 500 for lunch and converts to a server-type meal at dinner where it will seat over 300. And it isn't fast food. They have a new system for ordering your meal ahead of time at lunch so there is very fast service. I'm looking forward to eating there. Only a portion of the new Fantasyland will be officially opened December 6th our last day here. The rest will open in 2014.

The Magic Kingdom fireworks are the best I've seen anywhere. It's just beautiful. What a great night. We finished our evening snacking on the free hot chocolate and cookies.

I don't know how my Hubby can top this birthday celebration for me. I kidded him he could fly me to Paris for my next birthday! LOL !













6 comments:

  1. You look very happy sitting in that big chair, Sandy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful birthday present!!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a nice day. He's a treasure , your hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This past summer it was 20 years since I was in Magic Kingdom with my parents, celebrating our round birthdays.;) I was soooo young and they were almost the age I am today...
    Time surely waits for no one.;)
    So glad you are having such a lovely time.;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic way to celebrate your birthday love those stickers are they on your campervan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've only been to "Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party" - I can't imagine what a BLAST the Christmas party must be!!!

    ReplyDelete