Monday, July 23, 2012

My Bird House Thimbles


I collect thimbles because they are tiny so they don't take up a lot of space. 

 And most important...they are pretty.



This is my thimble collection of birds and bird houses.



Many years ago I belonged to a thimble club until it was discontinued. 

 Someday I will have to post about that collection - it is one of my larger ones.



I like to buy a thimble souvenir when we travel too...that is if one is available. 

 I've grouped my travel thimble collection together in a little wall shelf unit.

My bird thimbles combined my love of birds with my love of thimbles.



The original "Mean Bird" source Pinterest.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Ahh, this collection is approved by Kiwi and Pearlie! So cute. I never knew thimbles came in such cute shapes and styles. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute collection! And isn't it nice they don't take over too much space. I love your collection!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely collection I too collect thimbles and I try to buy them from my travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How interesting. What a great collection you have.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy,
    I love your petite collection of bird house thimbles..I have not seen these before..they are adorable!
    I purchased my red strip rug from Ethan Allen last year, so I think they should still carry it.
    Have a sweet day and big hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete