Sunday, December 9, 2012

Santa Mantel Sneak Peek

We arrived home from Ft. Wilderness (Walt Disney World, FL) yesterday afternoon. We had solid gray overcast skies all the way home from Florida. Twenty-eight days of fun but we're glad to be home.

We were pleased to have made the drive home in two days rather then our more leasurely three days. I knew I could use that extra day at home getting ready for Christmas.

As I sat relaxing last night catching up on some of my DVR'd TV programs I couldn't help jumping up and running down to the basement to bring up Christmas decorations.

I hoped to put our outside Christmas lights out today but it rained all day. So instead I continued to decorate the interior of our home. I haven't touched the trees yet but I'm working on our fireplace mantel. I decided to put my various Santas out on the mantel this year. No Pottery Barn stuff for me - too expensive. No white winter wonderland here at Teacup Lane either - although I loved the total white look, I realized throughout the years I've mostly collected Christmas decor in the traditional reds and greens. However this is the first year that I have been looking at white trees. I never cared for them before but now I'm loving them.

I'm still tweaking our family room fireplace mantel. I found another Santa (after I took these photos) and I have a white Santa I still haven't located in my bins. So it's still a work in progress. I snuck in a little blue and red stocking I crocheted while in Florida too. Anyways here's a sneak peek for you!








1 comment:

  1. Wow, you hopped off the camper and right into the Christmas bins!!! I am impressed. I've been here for the last 28 days and still haven't accomplished much, but then I don't really feel like doing much anyway. lol xo

    ReplyDelete