Thursday, December 27, 2012

My Lighted Christmas Mickey Mouse

After spending a wonderful Christmas with our brothers and their families we returned home yesterday.   It was a very long drive with snow, sheet and rain all the way across most of Pennsylvania which added an additional THREE hours to our commute - total 11 hours!

We were so tired when we arrived, I suggested we wait until today to celebrate our Christmas.  I knew I would feel much better after a night's sleep and a nice, hot shower.

Santa {{{Hubby}}} treated me like a Queen gifting me with three pairs of beautiful earrings, two Pandora charms and bracelet, some DVDs, a biography of Walt Disney and a mini IntelliScanner to use to easily inventory our books, DVDs etc.


While we were at Ft. Wilderness (Walt Disney World) many of the RVers had this adorable lighted Christmas Mickey Mouse head displayed.

 One of the RVers told us they bought theirs at Walgreens. 

Well, I assumed it was probably only available at Walgreens in Florida and didn't think about it again.

So... you can imagine how tickled I was when I opened one of my Christmas gifts to find a lighted Mickey Mouse head.

Hubby said he found it at our local Walgreens two days after we returned home.

What a wonderful Christmas! 

 The best part was spending it with family and my very loving husband.

By the way...I'm not one to immediately take down Christmas decorations just because Christmas is over.

 All the Christmas decorations will stay up well past New Years.

 So much work goes into decorating I want to enjoy it as much as possible.  

Are you one to remove all decorations as soon as Christmas is over or are you like me leaving the decor up to enjoy longer?


I found the perfect spot to hang our new lighted Christmas Mickey Mouse...right next to our Disney Mickey Mouse display shelf!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely Christmas! Intrigued by the intelliscanner. Sounds like something my hubby and I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest light decoration. I did very little but I always wait for the Epiphany. The day after seems a little anal to me ;-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your Mickey Mouse decorations !!!
    Sounds like you had a great Christmas but tiring. Time to rest up, put on the DVDs and veg out a little.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!.
    Wall Lights

    ReplyDelete