Thursday, December 6, 2012

Last day

Early tomorrow morning we will start the long drive home. We've had a great time here at Ft. Wilderness (Walt Disney World, FL) but I'm anxious to be home to get ready for Christmas.

Monday evening we went to the Magic Kingdom for the lighted evening parade and fireworks. It was the most crowded we have ever seen the park in the nine visits to Walt Disney World since we retired. We had sandwiches for supper in the bakery on Main Street and found a good spot to watch both the parade and fireworks. I picked my spot right next to a light pole so I could rest against it - save my back as much as I could. People were shoulder to shoulder all the way from the castle through Main Street. Poor Hubby had to stand the whole time waiting for the events to start. But it was worth it - the parade is fantastic and the fireworks against Cinderella's Castle is the best we've ever seen. They even had a light show against the castle between the events that was out of this world too.

I love watching Tinkerbell fly out of Cinderella's Castle!







2 comments:

  1. Safe travels home, Sandy & Jeff! I enjoyed my 'virtual' visit to DW with you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new light show between the parade and fireworks - it's amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete