Thursday, December 13, 2012

I'm Paying the Price

I guess I did too much physical activity (Christmas decorating) yesterday because now I'm paying the price.

Yesterday I hung some home made green garland wreaths (with red ribbons) outside and laid out the outside lights (but ran out of time and didn't get them put up outside). In the evening I set up our slim Christmas tree in a new spot in our family room and added the red and white lights. Haven't decorated it yet though.

While relaxing watching TV last night my right side/lower back began to bother me. When I got up I had some small spasms and lots of on and off discomfort. Hubby got me upstairs and settled for the night with my heating pad. But it's not any better today. When I get these episodes it usually takes a few days to recover. I have so much to still do. Errr....

So today I'm taking it easy. Hubby tweaked our annual Christmas letter and added some photos from our Disney World trip and printed them off. So today I can at least stuff the letters into our Christmas cards.

The other day I took an old small grape vine wreath and added some red, green and silver garland around it. It looks so pretty hanging over our kitchen sink. And I was so surprised when I noticed I captured the "blue hour" through the kitchen window. That's a first for me.

I'm enjoying blogging this month. I love seeing how all of you are decorating your homes for Christmas. This is my favorite time of the year. Thanks for stopping by!






2 comments:

  1. Sandy, are you entertaining? If not, I would call it a day and relax and take care of your back. When decorating for a holiday causes pain, you have to just take a step back and say, wow, if we don't do such and such, will it really matter? Most likely, no!! Feel better and cut yourself some slack. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like resting up is a good idea and at east you have a job to do.Take care.

    ReplyDelete