Thursday, September 23, 2010

Tissue Anyone?


I have fallen in L. O. V. E.  with my new crocheted granny square tissue box cover!  

I used Michelle's (The Royal Sisters)...

new granny square pattern and tutorial (here) -

Granny Tissue Box Cover

- and it couldn't have been easier.  

I started and finished it in one day.  

Michelle is one of the sweetest ladies and talented crocheters in blogland.  Her blog is filled with photos of her beautiful crochet projects and loaded with her free crochet granny square patterns/tutorials.     

Thank you Michelle!  

I couldn't have done this without your help!  


I used colors that are in my Master bedroom...and, of course, some of my left over acrylic yarn (Simply Soft) and a F hook (3.75 mm).

  
A view of the top.


Here's a close up of the pretty shell edging.  



I hope Michelle and I have inspired you to go and grab your crochet hook and whip up one of these.  

Now... what colors shall I chose for the next one....???  Cuz you can't make just one of these!


Hop over to Cindy's My Romantic Home (here) for more Show and Tell Friday

Sandy at Teacup Lane  

12 comments:

  1. YES YES YES!! I have this tutorial up on my computer right now and was planning to start one at lunch today. Your post is simply telling me it MUST be done - it was meant to be!

    Lovely colors, by the way. I love just how quintessentially "granny" a crochet tissue box cover IS. I mean, why not??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have inspired me to go ahead and make one! I looked at this a couple of days ago and decided not to start yet another project, but if it's really that quick, I probably will! Now to decide what colors. I'm making a large Granny Mandala today in purples and pinks. I do love the purples!

    Love your blues and yellows. Looks very spring-like and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is so cute. I guess I must make me one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your granny tissue box cover.
    Rachel D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy,
    I love it! It does look like a fun and quick project. I love those kind. I just finished a bunch of baby blankets, sweaters and hats as baby gifts and one large afagan that I also made as a gift. I love to crochet or knit while watching tv.
    I will check out the Pattern.
    Have a sweet day, hug`Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right about great minds thinking alike! Isn't that funny!
    I love your tissue cover too. It MIGHT be easy enough for a beginner do you think? I'll have a look at the site .
    cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors! What's not to love? Beautiful.
    machelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. Thanks for the pattern. Yours is just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is beautiful dear Sandy and feels like it has a bit of autumn colours in it as well.;)
    Have a lovely Friday dear friend and thank you for your always lovely comments at my place, I always enjoy reading them.;))
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Must do this! Thanks so much for the inspiration and the link over to Michelle's site for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete