Friday, September 17, 2010

Monkey Blues for Lucas


Monkey Blues!

Here's my latest crochet project that I whipped up in the last three days.  I made this granny square baby throw out of left over yarn (Caron Simply Soft) from my other projects.  

It's for our nephew's son, Lucas, who is due this November.

   
It's one huge granny square in the round.  The edging is single crochet stitches of several colors, followed by half double crochet then single crochet again with the last round single crochet in corner, *chain five, skip two single crochet then single crochet again *repeat around.  I used a G Hook.


I used several shades of blue, brown, tan and two shades of green...the same colors that will be in the baby's' room.


It's 100% acrylic so it is washable and dryable...but because it is a non-natural fiber it can't be blocked.  It's 41 inches by 41 inches.  



Now to wrap the baby's shower gifts and add the throw.  

Monkey Blues is finished just in time to be mailed.

Please join Cindy at My Romantic Home (here) for more Show and Tell Friday.

Sandy at Teacup Lane

9 comments:

  1. A very nice, "manly" blankie for a new little man - perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, the colors are perfect for your new nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so pretty I'm sure it will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a new linky blog you can link up your handmades if you wish:
    http://linkhandmade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice!! I always envy people who crochet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - you made this one quickly. He will love it for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Perfect present for baby Lucas.
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet and lovely for a baby boy!
    Thank you for the lovely commenet.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandy,
    Youre complimenting me, I'm complimenting you!
    Stunning blanket. I love the colour combination you have used, its so beautiful.
    Yes Acrylic is great to wash. I have washed some of the SIBOL Blankets before delivery the other week and they washed up really nice. I agree with you Acrylic is best.
    I just love this blanket and I'm sure it will be very well accepted.
    Love to you and thank you!
    Suex

    ReplyDelete