Friday, September 24, 2010

Gesundheit!


"God Bless You"  


From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bless you, or God bless you, is a common English expression addressed to a person after they sneeze. The origin of the custom and its original purpose are unknown.
An alternative expression to Bless you that is sometimes said after a sneeze is the German and Yiddish word Gesundheit.


I told you I couldn't resist making another one!  
I made this one to match my kitchen/family room colors...cranberry, pink and country blue.  

One corner..the pink at the top is where the triple crochet (American term) is placed.


Same edging as my previous one I posted about in blue and yellow shades (here).


Now I have to run out to Michaels to get white yarn so I can make one for our guest bathroom.  
These are so much fun to make and it's nice to have a finished project in one day. 

Don't forget to blog over to Michelle's (The Royal Sisters) to get this pattern/tutorial (here)!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!  Thanks for visiting me! 

Sandy at Teacup Lane

7 comments:

  1. Dear Sandy (at Teacup Lane),

    your Granny Tissue Box looks so great! I like your colors so much. I will crochet some of these boxes in different colors too (Sorry, I hope that's understandable English).

    Have a nice Weekend and many Greetings from Germany,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is nice too! I think the white one will be really pretty. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to follow your example and make some for different rooms in the house. Such a nice idea.
    Gesundheit = A vos souhaits in French. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty Sandy...
    I love these colours...
    and the pictures are fabulous!!!
    So glad you like the tutorial...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We say "na zdravie" in Slavic, which means "to your health" and in fact is also used as "cheers".;)I have once heard that it originated from the time of the plague when you would bless people that sneezed as if expressing hope they were not sick.;) Beautiful crochet as always, you are so talented.;)
    Have a lovely weekend,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun project! I adore the colors that you used in the previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE your choice of colors on this project!!

    Francine

    ReplyDelete