Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Last Day of August



Tonight we are in a lovely RV Resort in Wisconsin.  It's probably the nicest campground we have stayed at on our trip so far.  We had to lay over in MT longer than we had planned so we are trying to make up time with some long travel days.  Hubby drove over 550 miles today and we plan to get going early the next three days so we can hopefully be home by this Friday.  That means more long travel days so I don't think I will be posting anything until after we are home.  

I can't believe that tomorrow is September 1st.  We have been on the road over 100 days now.  

I'm on the last crochet round of my Merry Kringle throw...it's looking good but I'm going to wait until we are home to take the finished photos to share with you.   

And I promise I will be continuing to post on our Alaska trip once I am home.

Sandy at Teacup Lane

8 comments:

  1. So good to hear you are getting close to home. I know it must feel the draw of your home the closer you get and when you arrive you will stay the trip was great but it sure is to be home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following your journey for some time now and I really loved it!
    Have a save trip home.

    greets Esther

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Sandy, thank you so much for your mail, which I received today. My old mail account is acting up and thus I have changed it now.
    I hope you are all well and that ever so slowly, but steadily you are making your way home That is the beauty of travel - the coming home.
    Soon you will be back in the familiar routines and hopefully the lovely memories of the past 3 months will keep you warm through the winter.;)
    Have a a splendid midweek and safe trip home,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mixed emotions I bet..... Wanting to get home but still enjoying the adventure!!
    Have a Wonderful Week!
    Love,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Campground in WI... Do tell? Which one? I for one can't wait till you are home on Friday.

    Safe Travels,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you really been traveling for 100 days! Amazing. I'm sure you both will be happy for a rest when you get home. Looking forward to seeing more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, you deserve a medal.
    What a lot of driving.
    I do hope you have both had a great time,
    love Suex

    ReplyDelete