Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 1, 2011

Happy New Year
Isn't this a cute Happy New Year vintage card I found on Flickr?

Thanks Tony at http://www.flickr.com/photos/lakesider/339978083/  


HAPPY NEW YEAR'S DAY!

JANUARY 1, 2011.

Today is a day of rest for us. I'm DVRing the Rose Parade on the HGTV channel to watch...and I'm looking forward to seeing their "Dream Home" located in VT after the parade. 

 My Mom always put away her Christmas decorations on New Year's Day when they had a real tree and she had to return to work the next day.  Since we use fake trees I leave my decorations up into January. After all that work I want to enjoy it.

HOPE YOU ALL ARE HAVING A WONDERFUL DAY OF REST TOO!


11 comments:

  1. Happy New Year dear Sandy, may it be a great one.;))
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year full of yarn !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you too. I love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you and yours. I loved your American Beauty so much I have had a go at it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy,
    I found your blog through Nan from Retired in Alaska. She had read my New Years post where I listed practicing crocheting as something I want to spend time on in 2011 and she thought of you. How funny that as soon as your page loaded, I see the exact New Years image that I chose for my post! After reading through three or four pages of your posts, I'm so glad that Nan pointed me in your direction. Your crochet is wonderful as are you Christmas decorations. You can be sure I'll be back to visit again.
    Best wishes for a happy and healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy, I love the card. Happy New Year! We keep our tree up until Twelfth Night (January 6), but take most of the other decorations down on December 31.

    I want to watch HGTV today and college bowl games. I am putting dinner in the crock pot so I can forget about it and enjoy vegging out on the sofa.

    Have a great day!

    xoxoxo
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandy,
    I see Linda Ruthie found you. She is a great visitors to have for your blog, she visits me frequently and I love it. I don't know anyone more into crochet more than you !!
    Happy New Year to you and Jeff and it was such a pleasure to actually meet you in 2010. We are just loving these spacious new rooms and Bob is working on door and floor molding now. When all is completed up here he'll start on the basement rooms.
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  8. HNY, sweetie. Just popping by a few to see what's been up. So, missed being away. Looks like you've been busy and had a wonderful holiday. Looking forward to getting back to normal and feeling better soon.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a wonderful year ahead!

    ReplyDelete