Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mosaic Monday - Alaskan Sled Dogs



Alaskan Sled Dogs!






We had three sled dog experiences while in Alaska last summer.  

This one was in Denali National Park.  We didn't get to ride the sled here but we had a nice demonstration and got to meet several very friendly sled dogs.  

And we had our photo taken with the sled while at rest.

Meet Muddy!

She is 7 years old and she was my favorite!

She had the most beautiful thick fur.

The view is better up here!

Me and my sled...yeah...right...I can dream...can't I?

My sweeties!

Oh, the dogs love...and I mean LOVE to run.  

They will run until they drop if not stopped.  

And if the handler falls off the sled the dogs will keep on running. 

These dogs are used in Denali National Park.  It's the only way to get around in the wintertime.  


Please join Mary at The Little Red House (here) for more Mosaic Monday!

15 comments:

  1. They are such beautiful dogs, I love the color of their eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous are those dogs!!

    I have always wanted to got to Alaska, I think it's time to talk to the hubbie about our next trip :-)

    xxh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such lovely pictures! I love sled dogs, even if they need a lot of exercise and can not really be kept by me. As a girl I dreamed of having a Husky with blue eyes.;)
    Have a lovely Monday Sandy,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't they handsome creatures. No excess of fat on these dogs. A "dogs life" is certainly different for them. Wonderful mosaic! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dogs! I had a Siberian Husky when I was a child, and I loved him! He had the most gorgeous blue eyes. Thanks for posting these pictures, Sandy. I would love to visit Alaska one day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dogs! Alaska is still on my list of places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Dogs...love the Picture of Muddy!
    Have a nice Time and send Hugs for all the Dogs,

    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool! Muddy is gorgeous. What a perfectly cute name for her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What absolutely gorgeous dogs! Muddy looks like a real sweetheart! You certainly had some fantastic adventures on your Alaskan vacation!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank You Sandy for all of your lovely support.

    Re: Photography... I don't use a photo box. I use white cloth on my dining room table and take shots using natural light (I have huge windows, so lots of light).

    My new camera doesn't have a macro function so I use digital zoom for the close up's.

    For the 'light, bright & airy' feel I take shots that are overexposed, technically incorrect I believe, but that's the way I like them :-D

    I hope that helps?

    xxh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a great time in Alaska! Muddy sure is a pretty dog with that red/rust brown coat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. An interesting post. I've always said I'd like to try dog sledding and north of us they have half or full day events. I think it would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice photos Sandy. We saw the sign there in Denali about the dogs but didn't get to go. We were on kind of a set tour w/o our car we came on the train from ANC.

    ReplyDelete
  14. nery good photos sandy..!!i like them and the dogs are beautiful.
    vintage t-shirts

    ReplyDelete