Thursday, November 18, 2010

Show and Tell Friday - Vintage Baby Dress

Beautiful smocking and embroidered pink flowers

My paternal Grandmother (whom I adored) was an excellent seamstress and made several baby dresses for me.  Luckily my Mom saved them for me.  

This one is a little beauty, a light blue pastel satin fabric, beautifully hand embroidered and smocked.   I can imagine my Grandmother sewing this for me and I think she would have been so pleased that I still have it all these years later.   

I think it has held up nicely considering it is over sixty years old.  

Pretty embroidered cuff

I feel pretty!

This is the first of four vintage baby dresses I will be sharing with you.   

Thanks for visiting and many thanks to all for the sweet birthday wishes.  


Please join:  
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday



Don't forget to enter my First Give Away (here)!  It runs until Sunday night 11/21 at midnight.  

It features RED and Christmas!



10 comments:

  1. Sandy, you lucky girl - that is one gorgeous dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful and what a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. I love the new banner too. Nice job keeping it centered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful. What a treasure. I have always saved the dresses that I made for my daughter. I do hope she has a love for them one day.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! very, very pretty. I recently found a crocheted coat my grandma made for my mom when she was a little girl, and that I used as well. Now it will go to my little niece...when she's grown enough to wear it. She's too tiny now! :o)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, this is the sweetest little blue dress! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful treasure. I had an older cousin who made us smocked dresses. I wish I still had one of them. I think they were passed on to another younger cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandy,

    Nice to meet you! I love the name of your blog!
    This little dress is just darling. I have several of little baby dresses as well, and some are my own daughters. I like the little batiste ones with the fine lace on them. I'm sure a lot of love went into that little dress, and how nice that you still have it.
    Blessings to you this holiday season!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete