Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks!

biggest turkey facing right
Courtesy of Flickr
By garlandcannon


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Hubby and I are celebrating Thanksgiving at home with roasted turkey breast, dressing (stuffing), gravy, white corn, cranberry sauce, rolls and for dessert - pumpkin pie with whip cream.    

We don't eat as much as we use to so this meal is just right for us.

It will be a day of relaxation for us.  Yeah...even retired folks need a day of relaxation.  LOL!    

And it will be a day of giving thanks. 

Vintage candles inherited from hubby's parents.  Aren't they cute?

No football for us - we never watch it or follow it.  No...not even Hubby.    


But I do plan on watching the 84th Macy's Thanksgiving Parade in NYC on TV this morning.

First Mickey Mouse balloon to appear in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade [1](Originally the Macy's Christmas Parade), Thursday, November 29, 1934. Location: Broadway and 105th Street, New York City, NY.
Courtesy of Wikipedia
1979 parade
Courtesy of Wikipedia

Pillsbury Dough Boy
Pillsbury Dough Boy
Macy's Parade 2009
Courtesy of Flickr 
By DOTCALM9


God Bless Each And Every One Of You!


10 comments:

  1. Have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving. Dinner sounds great. I always loved to hear the sounds of the parade while I was preparing in the kitchen ... all part of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings and best wishes to you and yours for this Thanksgiving.

    Natasha.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving dear Sandy, have a lovely day,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a lovely day.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving, Sandy. It's a blessing to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving to you!! I hope you have a great day.
    Love the vintage pictures! Aren't they just intriguing to see? I can spend hours analyzing them! :o)
    have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a happy and cozy Thanksgiving, Sandy!

    Love & Hugs ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    We are stuffed like a turkey...LoL
    I'm glad that i have you for a friend.
    I appreciate your comments on my blog.
    blessings,
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well--
    Good food, Good family, Good blessings to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by, I am an Ohio gal, born and raised. Hinckley is a beautiful area, and oh how I wish we could live out in the country.Thanks for stopping by my place. I'll stop back again and give a visit...doing my mornin walk thru the blogerhood...having a cuppa...

    ReplyDelete