Monday, November 8, 2010

Matchy Matchy

A Matching Set


Quick post tonight.  

I made a tissue box cover to match my Christmas Colors Runner (blogged about here).  

And it's the first that I noticed what I thought was "white" yarn in my granny squares is actually "cream".  I must have been crocheting in the dark when I did the edging around them.  It doesn't look bad though.  

So Christmasy!

Our electricity went out this afternoon at 3 PM.  So, I suggested to hubby that we go shopping and out for dinner.  Off we went to Michaels (I got lots of new yarn will take photos to show you soon) - I was so pleased I had a coupon for a 20% discount and it was for the whole purchase not just one item.  But...I found out it wasn''t such a great deal since it didn't apply to anything on sale.  The yarn was on sale and normally it isn't at all.  I think all I got off was 40 cents on some pipe cleaners.   I guess I shouldn't complain since most of the items were on sale.  When we returned home we discovered that the electricity was only off for an hour.  

This outing was definitely a win-win situation for ME!   

5 comments:

  1. I love these colors ... so holiday, so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes a really nice little set. It would be a great Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sandy,

    this Set looks very nice...i love the colours and thank you for the nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely colourful set! Very "christmasy" indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really do need to make one of these aDORe-able kleenex boxes. They are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete