Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tangled Yarn!

Today I'm MAD!

Seeing RED...

I just spent almost three ((3)) hours untangling this eyelash yarn from Bernat!

OK...I've never had any luck pulling yarn from the inside of a skein without having serious tangled yarn at some point.  So usually I pull from the outside end.  That's not full proof either but I've had better success with less tangles when unrolling the skein from the outside end.  

But I couldn't find the outside end on this eyelash yarn and it seemed to pull OK from the inside end so I went with the inside end.  

Bad mistake!

Everything worked well until I was almost half way around the ripple when the yarn refused to come out from the inside.

What a mess of tangled yarn!

Three hours...

...three ((((3))) hours of my time to untangle this very thin crappy yarn into a ball.  

Believe it or not, my sweetie pie offered to help me untangle it.  What a great guy!  I couldn't put him through it though.  He would have had to listen to me cursing the whole time.  

Calling all yarn manufacturers!!!!

Why is it that I can buy regular string rolled into a ball (i.e., not a skein) that is nicely packaged and even wrapped in cellophane to protect it and never, that is NEVER, have any problems with the balled string... but I can not say the same for yarn spun into skeins?

Why can't yarn manufacturers spin all of their yarn into balls instead of skeins?  

Every tangled skein I've had has never had any problems unrolling after I have had to manually untangle it and roll the yarn into a ball.  

I should have taken a photo of the tangled yarn before I rolled it into the nice ball you see here.

It was a nightmare!

I almost threw the darn yarn away. 

I was very tempted.

Are there any other crocheters out in blogland that are just as tired of tangled yarn skeins as I am?

Bare with me...it's my day to rant.  

I appreciate your listening to me.

I'll take a deep breath..calm down and admit that I do like the look of this eyelash yarn on my ripple.

And before I forget many thanks to all the nice ladies who offered such great name suggestions for my Christmas Round Ripple.  

I like them all and will make a decision soon.    

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy, well it might have taken 3 hours of your time to make it behave but I think the end result looks really lovely. Perfect choice despite the tangles.
    Strangely enough I don't mind sorting out tangles, vaguely therapeutic, but that is not an invitation to everyone to send me their's lol.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't want to even get me started on that....but it does look great around the edge. Glad to see you stuck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, I have to say this "eyelash" yarn adds a fabulous dimension to this project. I never heard of this yarn. I remember having to pull the yarn from the opposite end as well, or I would make my own yarn balls. I would borrow a pair of hands to do this! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like the eyelash yarn is the one that tangles the most. A real pain! I don't pull eyelash from the center. I always work from the outside in ... and pray the whole way!!!!! Your afghan is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the afghan!! and understand about it tangling.. when I buy new yarn I like to roll it into a balls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree!!!! Really dislike the tangles!!!
    Your ripple is just beautiful! So glad you hung in there with the feisty eyelash yarn, it really is a pretty ripple row.
    I'm a newbie to crochet-should you always roll your skeins into balls or just use them like they are?
    Love your blog-Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. It sounds frustrating. My sister crochets, knits, and sews. I, on the other hand, am not talented in that way. Your blanket is beautiful though. I hope the rest of the weekend is relaxing for you.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, forgot to mention...I really like your blue Header and side bar. There's just something about the color blue for me.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete