Friday, August 19, 2011

Adding Ribbon to My Shabby Chic Curtains


My Guest Bathroom Window Curtain Project.

OK... I have put off this project long enough.  

We've been in our home over 11 years and except for a Hunter Douglas shade there have been no curtains at our Guest Bathroom window.   

There I've said it.  

I have good intentions.  

My head spins from all the decorating ideas I have but I am terrible sometimes about following through with them.  

I think it's because I can't make up my mind.  

This project is an excellent example.  

 I changed our Guest Bathroom to a black and white theme awhile ago and blogged about it (here) and (here).  

I really liked the new color combination but I knew it wasn't finished yet without any curtains or drapes at the window.  I debated with myself whether to purchase or make roman shades.  I knew what I wanted ~ a simple white shade with black ribbon trim ~ but just couldn't find any at a price I wanted to pay.  I reasoned with myself that I had muslin on hand and could make the roman shades without spending any money.  Not a difficult sewing project but one I never got around to.  

 Then one day we were in Target and I found a white Shabby Chic balloon shade for just $25.   The price was right so I grabbed it and bought it home.  

Good-bye Roman Shade...hello Balloon Shade. 

I was one step closer to doing something....finally.  

On one of my trips to Michaels this month I purchased black ribbon.   

Now I had the ribbon and the shade.  

No more excuses.  

Today I gathered together the balloon shade and the black ribbon.    

I decided to keep it simple and elegant - just one band of black ribbon at the top of the shade and one at the bottom.  



I didn't bother to pin the ribbon down I just used the embroidery marks to position my ribbon for sewing.



 It took very little time to sew the ribbon onto the shade.



Tomorrow I will string the cords through the shade and ask beg Hubby to hang the new pewter curtain rod in the bathroom. 

I can't wait to show you the final results.

Heck...I can't wait to see them myself. 

Just curious... am I the only woman who puts off doing home projects? 


Please join me for:
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
                                Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
                                          Wendy at The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday

Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday 

4 comments:

  1. That is a pretty shade, Sandy, and the black ribbon makes it pop. I always put off home projects, drag my feet, etc. I am not proud of that, though. :( xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sandy Sweetie...
    How gorgeous is this share. I love your new curtain with the gorgeous black trim ribbon, and I can just see it ballooned up with LOVE. Don't forget to post when you get it hung. How beautiful it looks. Love the black and white combination together.

    Have a glorious weekend sweet friend. Country hugs from Phoenix, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. No you aren't!! I'm like you I take ages to make up my mind and then sometimes it all just gets too hard so I leave it for a while then all of a sudden something happens and I get on and get it done.
    I look forward to your photos of the finished project.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take forever to get going on a project! But those ribbons are going to look great! Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete