Thursday, August 18, 2011

Jingle Bells Is Here!

Showing off the border and edging of my newest throw, Jingle Bells.

Yippee!

I finished the border on my newest crocheted throw, Jingle Bells, last night.  

I extended a wide band of white around the body and then added an edging in red, lime green and white.  

Hanging pretty!


She's a good size throw, 59 inches by 65 inches.  

I loved using Jan Eaton's ripple stitch, Granny Chevrons, in the body of the throw.

I first posted about Jingle Bells (here) where you can read more information on making her.

Here's Jingle Bells All Laid Out.

She's going to look pretty sitting out at Christmas Time at Teacup Lane!

I added a video of "Jingle Bells" for your enjoyment.  Before clicking on the video go to the bottom of my blog and turn off my music so you can hear the video.   Then click on the video and select full screen to see it in all it's glory. 



Have a seat.

Jingle Bells added to the pile of my crocheted throws.

My pile of crocheted throws is growing!  

What should I do for my next one?  

I'm thinking of using the huge skeins of thicker and not so soft Caron yarn I bought in red and white to make a rug to put out for Christmas.  I thought I could use that yarn for a throw but it's just not appropriate.  

That should keep me busy for awhile. 


TECH UPDATES:

PINTEREST


I recently joined Pinterest and am having fun learning my way around it.  

It's a great website to use to "pin" or highlight photos that catch your fancy and store them in one place ... you can "pin" your own or anyones. 

I've already started "pinning" photos into my "boards" or categories of Crochet I Love, Cottage Decor and Cottage Houses, Christmas (of course), Cupcakes and even a category for my love of pink, labeled Pink Delight.  

Hop on over and visit me there.  

 Just click on the Pinterest icon located on my sidebar. 

PRINT FRIENDLY

Many times I wish I could print out a blog posting that has a recipe or a crochet pattern but the only option was to do a full screen print that includes all the blog side bar stuff.  

Recently I noticed some blogs have added a print feature to their postings.  I thought I would give it a try.   I found two free programs out there that are available and easy to install.  

I tried Joliprint first but wasn't completely happy with it.  Some of the cons, for me, is that it prints the post in a two column format and wouldn't print images that had a caption attached to them.  

I found another free printing program called Print Friendly and loaded it.  I like it better.  It gives you some printing options (changing the font size and/or removing images you don't want to print) and best of all it doesn't print in a two column format.   Plus it will print photos that have captions.  

Here is some information you can reference for adding the Print Friendly feature to your blog (here) and (here). 

If you post recipes and/or pattern instructions your fans will thank you for adding this neat feature.

To print out a blog post of mine just go to the bottom of the posting and click on the Print Friendly icon. 



Please join me for:


Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
                                Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
                                          Wendy at The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday

Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday



12 comments:

  1. Hola amiga, me encantan las mantas sus colores. desde ya te sigo desde Argentina, cariƱos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I know you are on Pinterest.
    You know, I know you love it too.
    You know, I know I adore this new blanket.
    You know, I know you need to share the border.
    You know, I know I could go on and on about every single little thing I know you know I love here today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy, your Jingle Bells throw is another beauty!!!! I would love to see you do a rug. I am also hooked on Pinterest, you can visit me by clicking on my button on my blog. I have some crochet projects on my DIY board. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job Sandy. It looks so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a real champion with your crochet Sandy.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lovely throw and will be perfect for Christmas. I also love to crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out wonderfully! Not your typical ripple. Love the border you did. It really made it look better (not that it looked bad, but you know). Maybe a better word is enhanced. It enhanced it nicely. You will really be all Christmased out by the time it gets here! And I'm with Kate...do share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I lost my comment! Anyway, I love your beautiful Christmas throw. . I think I may have to copy and make one for myself. Thanks so much for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Sandy, beautiful crochet.;) I love all that you produce.;)
    That page sounds intriguing, I might visit that site.;)
    Have a lovely weekend,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower. I'm following you too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Sandy...what a beauty and thank you for the Video! That is a great idea...
    Send you many Greetings and wish you a nice weekend,

    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Jingle Bells" is truly lovely. Your afgans would bring a smile to the face of the Grinch himself :o) You have a wonderful color sense.

    ReplyDelete