Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Holiday Embroidery Designs & Halloween Decor


I found the cutest holiday machine embroidery design package by Anita Goodesign entitled "Holiday Tea Towels".


The first one I embroidered was the Halloween Skeleton design above.  

My plan is to frame the design and switch out a new design for each holiday.  


This isn't the greatest photo showing the 12 designs but almost every holiday is presented including Mother's and Father's Day.

I stitched up the Thanksgiving Turkey design and the other evening I finished The Christmas Tree design.  


The picture frame I'm using isn't quite the correct size and shape - but it will have to do.
I'm going to add a fabric-pieced border around each design to add interest and balance the design better in the frame.  


We've been busy here the last couple days.  

Hubby has built some shelving and a loft area over a work table (he built the work table years ago) in our shed.   

This is the perfect time of the year to be out there working in these cooler temperatures.   

We were so pleased because we used materials we had on hand so it didn't cost a thing for this project.

I'll include some photos later after we have a chance to clean and re-organize the shelves.  

We put two strands of orange Halloween lights outside along with Mr.  Pumpkin Head and Ms. Skeleton.   

I looped a crocheted headband around our girlie skeleton's skull.  

Now I have to find the scarf I croched last year for her.  


It looks pretty spooky at night!

We attached the skeleton to a iron flower hanger.


How about you?  

Do you decorate for Halloween?

2 comments:

  1. I did a little fall outside and a little Halloween inside, still futzing with it. lol I LOVE these holiday embroidery, they are beautiful. You are really getting the most out of your machine. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are certainly doing well with the new machine. Those tea towels are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete