Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Framed & Up


I finished it!

And to help me out Hubby  trimmed a large piece of board for me to place on my old Singer sewing cabinet.  

It's my new ironing station in my sewing room.  So much bigger and better for pressing than the teeny, tiny ironing board I was using here.  

 I love it!   


Right now I have towels down on it's surface but I intend to wrap it with batting and fabric.  

To fill in around the embroidered Halloween Skeleton design, I  used three different fabrics sewing them down as flanges and thus making a colorful border.  

Squaring it up as best as I can....

First flange is a green fabric, followed by the dark orange one and then I couldn't resist throwing in the purple and light orangy flowered fabric on the outer edge.  

It's hanging in the foyer now.
   


I just realized the embroidered Halloween Skeleton looks a lot like Ms. Skeleton out in our front yard!




Sad but true laugh of the day:


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Love it! And it does look like Ms. Skeleton. Forgot to mention how adorable her crocheted head band is yesterday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ironing board is genius! Love the Halloween design. Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful..Dh's are helpful like that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy! Your embroidered quilted piece is so cute! I know that was a lot of work. That was a genius idea using the big board to iron on. I often wish I had room to do that when I'm ironing a tablecloth.
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails