Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Blue and White Toile




I love toile.  

I adore toile.   

This is the fabric pattern I chose for my drapes in our master bedroom and curtains in our master bath.  I love the blue and white (...sort of cream) and this scene with the dog.  


See the trees, fruit baskets, flowers and (ta da...) the bunny!!!!!  You know me and bunnies....LOL.



And here is the deer!


I had these custom made...the first time (and only time) in my life.  In the master bath I had the curtains put on white rods and asked them to add the checked stripe along the bottom.  

I don't have a photo of our bedroom - there I had them make a wooden valance covered with the fabric over drapes - also with the checked stripe on the valance.  They liked the combination of the toile and check so much they made some to keep as samples.  

Just an update on our Alaskan RV trip... so far we have traveled through the states of Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois (around Chicago), Wisconsin, Minnesota and tonight we are in Brandon, South Dakota (near Sioux Falls) - a total of 1,400 miles (approx).  We are staying at a Yogi Bear Jellystone RV Resort tonight that has fairly decent internet connection.    

Tomorrow we head to Hill City, South Dakota (near Rapids City) to stay for a few days to see Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse.  I talked my hubby into seeing these attractions again (we saw them probably 30 plus years ago)...he is anxious to get into Canada and on the Alaskan Hwy but he is a sweetie and agreed with me.  I thought it best to have a place to stay over the Memorial Day Weekend rather than be out on the road.


I'm posting this for Cindy @ My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday - blog over (here) to see more great posts.

Sandy at Teacup Lane  

6 comments:

  1. Have a ball girl!
    Sounds like the trip of a lifetime....
    xoxo~Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! your trip sounds so exciting. I'd love to travel. But it just meant to be,... You need to make sure and post some pictures for us to see.
    I got to travel some as a kid. I've been to Chicago. I'll always remember it.

    about your curtains. Lovely. Thanks for showing a close detail of the furry critters. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy,
    Wow, you really have gotten far. I do think it is good to be semi-planted for the Memorial Day weekend, very smart idea. I had seen Mt. Rushmore over 30 years ago and then we went back a couple of years ago on our way to Minot. I think it's worth seeing all the changes and always gives you a wonderful feeling. We were not able to really experience Rapid City and would love to go back there and spend some time, it looks so very fun. I think you are going to have a wonderful weekend before moving on!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fabric is gorgeous!!! Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, really adorable! Hmmm, you're making me think.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandy

    My first visit to your blog.

    I LOVE toile fabric/paper too as with ALL things French!!

    Your RV trip sounds fantastic!
    We did a canal trip in France last year and saw little groups of RV's meeting up for the night alongside the canal - nice way to travel.

    Ive joined your blog, so you'll see me again!
    Please come and visit me one day and let me know you've dropped by!

    Auckland, New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete