Thursday, January 16, 2014

❤️ My Valentine ❤️

I'm starting on my Valentine decorations now that Christmas is over. 

Easy peasy to machine embroider this one.


Well, that is easy peasy after months of practicing on my new Janome Horizon Memory Craft 12000.

I will add fabric borders to this design and frame it to hang for Valentine's Day.  


And in the meantime I machine embroidered/appliquéd another holiday mug rug.   


This one is another Patrick Lose design I purchased on line.

It's a pretty poinsettia design named "Merry Minis Mug Mat" (click here to purchase).  

I used fabric scraps in my stash.  


I just have to bias bind it.

Patrick Lose has a wonderful video (here) on how to sew a bias binding.

He even tells you on to make a bias binding with a small square of fabric. 

I like both of these projects because I used fabric in my favorite color... RED!


4 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching.
    Hugs and Happy Friday,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Valentine's hanging - such a pretty pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both so pretty. Where did you purchase the valentine design? . . . Love it:)
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete