I finished my two January 2014 Patrick Lose machine embroidery projects.
"Love Abloom" turned out so sweet I decided to use the same fabrics to complete my first Patrick Lose Mug Rug Club project.
Especially since the January "Sweet Hearts" Mug Rug has an appliqué heart design - it matches the "Love Ablooms" placemat perfectly.
|See I make mistakes…bottom fabric edge got folded over |
and caught in satin stitching.
Easy fix this time I just cut it out along the satin stitch line.
This happened not once…but twice!
I've been hand sewing my binding hems on the last several project which looks very nice but it's not as quick as machine stitching it down.
Last night I felt lazy.
So lazy I wanted to machine stitch that binding down.
|"Sweet Hearts" Mug Rug for January 2014!|
What do you think?
Is this mug rug cute as a button or what!
I loved all the layers of fabric for the heart.
Anyways back to my bias binding...I turned over the binding on the mug rug and lightly glued the binding in place and then machine stitched in the ditch on top - first with white thread and then over again with yellow embroidery thread in a triple stitch.
It turned out nice and I'll definitely machine stitch the binding again.
Practice, practice, practice...!
I've been sewing so much lately that my housework has been neglected.
My stove and oven need a good cleaning along with our master bedroom and bath so I may have to take a few days off from sewing.
One of these days I may get maid service again.
Cleaning is NOT fun like sewing (or crocheting) !